First and foremost thank you for your service!
MVP – Millwrights Veterans Program
- 8 Week Program
- Includes Class Room and Hands-On Training
- Designed to get transitioning veterans ready for work and gainfully employed as a UBC Millwright
What is a Millwright?
Millwrights are precision construction professionals that carry out mission-critical assignments in a variety of industrial settings.
For example, we are typically found working in Power Plants, Auto Plants, Airports, Distribution Centers, Oil Refineries and Food Production facilities, just to name a few
Our duties may vary based on the particular type of work being performed at the different facilities we service. Some of our duties may include the installation, repair or replacement of machinery, conveyor systems and other moving parts.
In addition, we may be setting and aligning various types of pumps, compressors, turbines and robotics equipment to specific tolerances. Often to within a thousand of an inch. All while using a hoist, jacks, squares, gauges, rulers, micrometers, plump bobs and other hand tools to get the job done.
Where do Millwrights work?
- Power Generation
- Food Processing
- Pulp and Paper Products
- Material Handling
- Steel and Alloys Products
- Mechanical Construction
Average Wages & Benefits
- 55K to 125K Annually
- Excellent Family Health Insurance
- Employer Paid Defined Benefit Pension
- 401K / Annuities / Savings
- Free Lifetime Professional Training
- Upward Mobility / Promotions
Who is Eligible?
Be no more than 180 days from separation (Discharge)Having a good attitude, placing the mission and team first.
Be physically and mentally fit for duty.
Have a construction or mechanical MOS or
related background and experience.
Pass a basic validated mechanical aptitude examination.
Have some basic math, reading and communication skills.
Successfully participate and complete a pre-screen interview.
Having a current security clearance is helpful (Not Required)
Obtain written consent form their Commanding Officers (Required)
Where will you train?
All of the MVP training will be held at the following location:
3419 Turner Avenue Killeen TX 76541
About 10 minutes from the Visitors Center
How to get started…
- Attend one of the TPA Recruitment Briefing
- Sign up for our program with your CSP
- Register with the MVP Instructor or UBC staff.
- ]Complete the intake assessment and application
- Complete MVP interview and orientation process
- Provide Commanding Officer written approval
- Register for the session you are able to attend and complete
FT Hood CSP and
MVP Program Contacts
Roland S. Larson Jr.
IMCOM Region 4 Career Skills Coordinator
761st Tank Destroyer Blvd,
Bldg. 33009 Rm G224A
Fort Hood, Texas 76544
MVP Training Instructor
Carpenters, Millwrights Apprenticeship & Training
of Houston and Vicinity
3419 Turner Avenue Killeen TX. 76541
For Career Opportunities across the U.S.
Executive Director of MW First Trust
Nicholas W. Graziano
United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America